Six people, including a pregnant woman and her unborn child, died early Sunday in what Indianapolis authorities said was the largest mass casualty shooting in the city in more than a decade, reports the Washington Post. Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) officers responded to a shooting call about 4 a.m. in the city’s Northside and found a boy who had been wounded. Following reports, they went to a nearby home where they found five people who were dead. The boy was taken to a hospital and is expected to survive, authorities said. The shooting was one of several overnight in Indianapolis and just days after officials unveiled a “crime reduction plan” to combat a rise in violence, which they attributed to drugs and poverty. IMPD conducted a record number of criminal homicide investigations in 2020, at least 160, compared to the previous high of 159 in 2018. Since the start of 2021, police have already responded to 20 homicides.